Wednesday, November 9, 2011
#16 Turn your work in on time everytime
This is certainly worth the read. Of course, Ron Clark is speaking to his classroom as he tries to prepare them for life. But really, all of us as adults have to do this with our work, our bills and responsibilities. I commend Mr. Clark for addressing his classroom this way. His students learn early to be responsible, timely and efficient. He uses three steps: 1) Detention; 2) a homework tally banner; and 3) peer pressure. His strategies are simple but very well thought out and workable. Of course, if you read the book you'll find a lot more in the way of examples, but I wish I had started out with this knowledge as a parent ten years ago. WOW! He had homework assignments from his class at 100% for 62 days straight. TEACH RESPONSIBILITY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment