Friday, July 2, 2021

#20 While with a substitute teacher, you will obey the same rules that you follow with me.

 This rule gives students the mindset  that they are working for themselves and to have pride in their work, whether a "boss" is standing right over them or not.  It instills in the child the attitude of giving 110 percent because "THEY WANT TO" and not because they have to.  They use of talking straight to the children about maintaining order in the classroom, being on their best behavior or the "consequences will be severe" upon the teachers return, allows the teacher to leave questions in the children's minds as to what "severe" consequences might be.  

The parts I don't like:  

1) The teacher uses "You know kids, I am constantly giving you everything I have for you, (examples given) and this is the way you show your appreciation.  Shaming the class.   

Although he says it works like a charm.  Feeling shame is a terrible feeling, and I suppose doing this as a group shame, rather than an individual shame might be the lesser or two evils.

2) Then he lies to the children via video lessons (that he can see them if they misbehave).   Again, these rules are to be taught when children are young enough for this to make sense.  

Although, he goes to the trouble of video taping lessons to be played by the substitute teacher who only has to take the names of the children in his class that are not paying attention.  He goes on to say this works well in parenting as well, if you're out of town and want to reach a story to your child that he/she can play while you're away.  Might be a good idea.  I was never in a position to be "out of town", so I cannot attest to this personally.  

























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment