A. Do not get out of your seat without permission. Exception: If you are sick, leave immediately.
B. Do not speak unless
1. You raise your hand, and I call on you.
2. I ask you a questions and you are responding.
3. It is recess or lunch.
4. I instruct you otherwise (for example, during group work).
Okay, so these rules are basically set up to start with to get the class under control in a manner that will allow children to acclimated to the learning environment. Without a sense of authority, a teach can quickly become a casualty of the classroom. However, he goes on to say that over time the strictness is eased to allow these young students an opportunity to behave in class in a manner acceptable without having to ask permission. He says that after a few months he will stop being so strict, and there will be whispers now and then, but it never gets out of hand. Even in group work, where conversation is allowed it is orderly and they get more accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment