This one was new to me. I suppose it is comforting to know the people in your environment by name. I never thought about how it would assist a student. However, by being able to identify teachers by name, the school becomes more of a community and is more comforting. The key here seems to be how positive and welcoming the atmosphere of the school makes the kids feel. I think it would have made a difference to me personally when I was in school, to have this knowledge about the staff and teachers. This gave me pause for thought. Even if your child's teachers don't address this particular rule, as a parent, it might be a good idea for you to check out the school website with your child to see who all is at his/her school, what their names are, what they do. Maybe consider it a summer time assignment to keep school relevant.
No comments:
Post a Comment