Another piece of good advice. This teacher suggests that each student take a paper towel into the restroom to use to flush the handle of the toilet, as well as to turn on the water for washing their hands afterwards. He reminded me that these children use their hands to flush, then touch the faucets to turn on the water to wash their hands, then retouch the faucets where their dirty hands turned on the water. I can't say this has never crossed my mind, but it was not something I taught my children at home either. He even asked that they use their paper towel to pick up any trash left on the floor of the restroom by others each time they leave. This was not only help for the custodian, but it gave the children a sense of pride. So much so, that these children were caught teaching the same to other children. I am very impressed by the teaching of communication in a society whose skills to converse seem to be so much less than it could be.
No comments:
Post a Comment